Recruitment Adviser supporting Sheffield Hallam University
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and flexible candidate with recent experience of working in student recruitment for the role of Recruitment Adviser for Sheffield Hallam University in the United Kingdom. Sheffield Hallam is a welcoming community of students and staff from more than 120 countries. They offer exceptional teaching across 700 programmes at foundation, undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree level. With more than 31,000 students, they are among the largest universities in the UK. Based in New Delhi, the successful candidate will be a part of Sannam S4’s Education Team. He/she will support the recruitment function and ensure the University grows its presence in the India market. The candidate should have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and should have the ability to build effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders in the education sector.
As the candidate will be working remotely with the University’s on-campus team, staff and advisers across countries, he/she should be highly organised, self-motivated and comfortable working with differences in time zones. This role will require the candidate to spend considerable time travelling to cities within India and to the University (at least once a year). Therefore, he/she is expected to be flexible to work during weekends and evenings, as required.
Other responsibilities will include assisting with partnerships, brand development, agent relationship management and admissions work.
3 - 5 years
Any graduation, and Any PG
As the Recruitment Adviser, you will be required to support the Regional Adviser to develop, refine, implement, and, at the conclusion of each recruitment cycle, retrospectively evaluate the effectiveness of SHU’s India marketing and recruitment strategy.
Specifically, you will be required to work on the following broad areas:
1. Build excellent working relationships with recruitment agents. Conduct regular visits to recruitment agent offices across India to interview prospective students and engage with agency staff.
2. Conduct assessments and provide due diligence on the activities and results of agent performance.
3. Provide product and service information to agency managers/staff and train them in Sheffield Hallam University’s requirements and processes.
4. Support agencies with marketing collateral materials.
5. Evaluate agency performance through contact with agency clients (potential students).
1. Attend education fairs and recruitment events across India to meet and advise prospective students and offer-holders on a range of matters including courses, entry requirements and application processes.
2. Develop, print and distribute appropriate marketing materials/media.
3. Conduct outreach sessions including seminars for potential students and their parents in Indian schools and colleges.
4. Support and develop recruitment process and systems to support the student journey
5. Hold Alumni events for partner institution program graduates including industry partners.
6. Organise alumni attendance at recruitment events and other marketing activities.
7. Support recruitment-focused events like offer-holder briefings pre-departure briefings, and other similar activities, as may be required.
8. Conduct market research by gathering contact information for high school counsellors, college career counsellors and interacting with them to build a network for SHU.
9. Prepare regular reports on competitor institution’s entry requirements for Indian students and other relevant information. Analyse and report on Indian market data.
1. Maintain excellent ‘customer service’ by answering all enquiries from prospective students and parents with clarity and integrity.
2. Collect accurate enquiry details of leads and log them into portal, as required by prevalent University requirements.
3. Follow up with students met at recruitment events to increase application conversion.
4. Support conversion of applicants through the recruitment process and keep meticulous records of the same. Submit regular reports on the entire lead generation and conversion process adopted with measurable outputs clearly displayed.
5. During peak admission periods, will be required to assist in any or all admissions-related activities to expedite the application work/process.
1. Support and interact with University staff during their India visit(s). This might include and not be limited to coordinating with the visiting staff to ensure their entire itinerary during the trip is taken care of from start to finish.
Any other duties as directed, commensurate with the scope and classification of the position.
Stakeholder Engagement, Stakeholder Management, Education Consulting, Student Recruitment, Counselling, Social Media Marketing, Study Abroad Programs, Marketing Event Palnning, Marketing Strategy, Brand Management,
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Educated to degree level or equivalent
Graduates or postgraduates in any discipline, preferably with a degree in Business or Marketing. A qualification from UK or familiarity with the UK education system would be highly desirable, but not essential.
Experience of working in student recruitment or similar environment for 3-5 years
Experience of the higher education sector in UK, preferably including study abroad, through work or study
Experience of counselling students and parents
Experience of developing collaborative agreements
Experience in organising events
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Knowledge and understanding of Indian and International school curricula and an understanding of the range of issues relevant to Indian students considering study in the UK
Sound knowledge of processes and procedures underpinning successful international student recruitment, such as enquiry management, admissions, immigration issues
Excellent written and oral communication skills with high attention to detail
Ability to communicate confidently and clearly to a wide range of audiences via a variety of media
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise and establish rapport with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
Creative and innovative approach to strategic thinking and problem solving
Ability to build successful relationships and networks of contacts
IT literacy and understanding and knowledge of working with databases and CRM software
Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage a heavy workload, prioritize competing demands and work to deadlines
Excellent content and social media skills
Ability to communicate in other languages
GENERAL ATTRIBUTES & PERSONAL QUALITIES
Cultural awareness and experience in dealing with international organizations and individuals
Highly self-motivated and able to work independently
OTHER / SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Flexibility and a willingness to work outside of normal office hours, including as required weekends
Ability and willingness to travel alone and for extended periods of time
Legal right to work in India on a full-time basis
Ability and willingness to travel to Canada up to twice a year for training purposes