We, at Sannam S4 are reengineering what a consulting organization can be. We own our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future by offering practical solutions that are crafted intelligently, passionately, relentlessly.
We are a great team to work for people who are self-motivated, innovative and believe in team work. Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately.
You are invited to a world of opportunities where you can contribute in your own special way to how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And be a part of team that is known for its unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with its clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Sannam S4 is seeking to appoint an ambitious dynamic team player in a critical leadership position of Country Adviser for Claremont Graduate University. The Adviser will lead CGU’s international engagement strategy and outreach in the Indian subcontinent.
Claremont Graduate University is a leading private, all-graduate research university in Claremont, California. Founded in 1925, CGU is a member of the Claremont Colleges classified by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education as R2: Doctoral Research University, Higher Research Activity. The prestigious Peter Drucker School of Management is one of CGUs seven academic schools, each of which embrace a transdisciplinary approach to pedagogy that focuses on applied learning and research.
The primary focus of the role will be to assist in the development and implementation of the university’s recruitment strategy in India, alongside the Associate Director of International Recruitment. Other responsibilities will include development and support of institutional partnerships, brand development and agency relationship management.
The post holder must be outcomes and results-oriented and enthusiastic to adopt a creative and innovative approach. The post will require extensive travel, including weekends and out of office hours, for which flexible working and time in lieu is offered. Since the candidate will be working remotely with CGU’s on-campus team, he/she should be highly organized, self-motivated and comfortable working with differences in time zones. Candidates must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders in the education sector.
5 - 8 years
Any graduation, and Any PG
Develop and Implement Recruitment Strategy and plan
• Assist with strategy and approach in exploring future business opportunities in India
• Enable to start implementing such strategies in India
• Deliver periodic project progress reports, providing information in a form suitable for use by the Claremont Graduate University (CGU)
• Market intelligence, data and insights
• Reputation and brand development
• Evaluation of recruitment techniques and data
• Marketing and outreach campaigns
• Explore opportunities for the University to develop virtual connections and engage with students in the region through various social media channels frequented by Indian students and report on same to the University.
• Provide informed India specific input for branding marketing collaterals digital outputs
• Constantly review and update admission funnel
• Support implementation of strategies for a smooth admission process
• Carry out informed assessments of the market and provide regular market intelligence to CGU international offices team
• Provide comprehensive solutions for programs and in person recruitment and stakeholder engagement
• Ongoing curation of agent network, guidance and recommendations on additional agents to be made with the goal of building a robust agency portfolio. Initial contact and discussions to be conducted leading to a vetting and approval by CGU.
• Outreach to qualified leads – generated from face-to-face meetings or those from CGU’s database – with detailed reporting back to CGU on status of student’s interest.
• Proactively engage in activities required to realize the objectives of recruitment strategy attend education fairs across India, undertake college visits, visit agencies, pitch presentations to students, one-to-one counselling and others
• Create an effective outreach mechanism to effectively connect with prospective students and/or parents and provide them with relevant information, guidance and counselling support.
• Inculcate knowledge regarding specific educational, and certificate programs that may interest and benefit students during and after graduation
• Engage in proactive review and evaluation of existing activities, contributing to delivery of a mutually beneficial strategy, design and implementation of improved and new strategy and approaches to meet changes in market and/or the University’s business requirements
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key external and internal stakeholders of CGU
• Undertake frequent interaction with Indian and international stakeholders, including Institutional partners, that may involve a significant amount of travel.
• Supporting CGU with pipeline management.
• Extend handholding support to the students across all stages of recruitment journey from first enquiry, through application offer-holding to enrolment
• Enable students directly or through agents to meet application deadlines, register for required standardized testing, decide programs that are best suited for their career goals, and seek financial aid and scholarships
Expertise, Research and Knowledge Management
• Create an annual Go-to Market Plan. A written presentation providing planning inputs and strategy recommendations based on local market intelligence and agreed proposed timelines and objectives
• Hold periodic review meetings to assess performance against each deliverable and to ensure that the Consulting Services meet your ongoing needs and objectives
• Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the University's degree programs open to international students, its admissions processes and student services, and identify the best value proposition for Indian students.
• Carry out market research and environmental scans, noting any trends or changes in the country or to systems within the region that may impact the University’s regional strategy or outreach.
• Develop and maintain key contacts list, monitor international application numbers, and report on same.
Learning and Development
• To undertake professional development, including annual performance and development review, and any other duties required by the University and Sannam S4 to enhance performance and accelerate growth
• Evaluating performance and suggesting training needs to the management team
Marketing and Brand Building Activities
• Plan and implement CGU events in market, including inbound visits from academic staff and senior management.
• Provide support in the development of strategy for each recruitment cycle.
• Develop relationships and engage with Education USA and other USIEF
• Develop and facilitate India-specific digital content and social media marketing programs
• Systematically gather market and competitor intelligence and conduct market research, disseminating findings to the relevant departments
• Develop and maintain a calendar of recruitment activity for each cycle, including agency fairs, virtual and face to face events, college visits, and other recruitment-oriented activity
• Deliver presentations on CGU and about studying in the United States, in both a persuasive and informational nature, to large or small groups.
• Maintain strong communication protocols with the University, participating through virtual means (Skype or other) in weekly or bi-weekly meetings, providing updates on activities and plans, confirming status of projects in process, checking on priorities, and agreeing on work load.
• Conduct advisory services including support for recruitment, in a professional manner, observing confidentiality in relation to the University data, market intelligence, and other knowledge and information about the University.
• Participate in training virtually from India, but also by visiting U.S.A for training and orientation sessions, schedule to be worked out with as much as advance notice as possible.
• Any other duties as directed, commensurate with the scope and classification of the position.
Stakeholder Engagement, Stakeholder Management, Education Consulting, Student Recruitment, Counselling, Social Media Marketing, Study Abroad Programs, Marketing Event Palnning, Marketing Strategy, Brand Management,
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Educated to degree level or equivalent
Relevant postgraduate or professional qualification
Experience of working in student recruitment or similar environment for 5 years+
Experience of the higher education sector in the USA, preferably including study abroad, through work or study
Experience of counselling students and parents
Experience of developing collaborative agreements
Experience predominantly in data analytics, primary research quantitative techniques and primary research methods
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Knowledge and understanding of the USA and Indian education systems and understanding of the range of issues relevant to Indian students considering study in the USA
Sound knowledge of processes and procedures underpinning successful international student recruitment, such as enquiry management, admissions, immigration issues
Excellent written and oral communication skills with high attention to detail
Ability to communicate confidently and clearly to a wide range of audiences via a variety of media
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise and establish rapport with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
Creative and innovative approach to strategic thinking and problem solving
Ability to build successful relationships and networks of contacts
IT literacy and understanding and knowledge of working with databases and CRM software
Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage a heavy workload, prioritize competing demands and work to deadlines
Excellent content and social media skills
GENERAL ATTRIBUTES & PERSONAL QUALITIES
Cultural awareness and experience in dealing with international organizations and individuals
Highly self-motivated and able to work independently
OTHER / SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Flexibility and a willingness to work outside of normal office hours, including as required weekends
Ability and willingness to travel alone and for extended periods of time
Legal right to work in India on a full-time basis
Ability and willingness to travel to the USA up to twice a year for training purposes