International Officer (North America) - King's College London
TO APPLY: Submit Cover Letter and Resume in a single document.
Sannam S4 helps leading educational institutions develop and succeed in high-growth education markets, including North America.
Sannam S4 is seeking an International Officer (North America) to provide recruitment support and partnership development for King’s College London.
King's College London is one of the top 10 UK universities in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2020) and the fourth oldest university in England. It is research-led and based in the heart of London. King's is dedicated to internationalization: The College's diversity, curriculum, interdisciplinarity, London location, and global reach all combine to develop successful students, staff and alumni who can contribute to building a better, fairer world around them.
This role, as a member of Sannam S4’s higher education advisory team, will support the College’s international marketing team, focusing on the USA. The role will be home-based near a regional hub and reports to Sannam S4’s Operations Manager.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Sannam S4 does not sponsor employment visas.
2 - 5 years
To enhance the capacity of the College, which is seeking to strengthen its presence in the US, this role will lead on the development and implementation of outreach and student recruitment to increase the number of full-time degree-seeking undergraduate, postgraduate and study abroad students from North America.
Key responsibilities and objectives of the job:
● Identifies opportunities – and effectively communicates these opportunities in the form of written marketing plans – to increase market visibility for King’s, advising and developing marketing and communication plans and viable opportunities in the US market across all relevant on and offline marketing channels
● Provides market insight on North America trends and makes recommendations to support informed decision making for the development of the marketing strategies of these markets.
● Liaises closely with a range of colleagues at King’s, with the first point of contact being the International Marketing Manager, and acts as a key contact for personnel visiting the USA.
● Represents King’s College London at education and recruitment fairs, conferences and school visits. Comfortable preparing and delivering presentations to a range of audiences.
● In conjunction with the Head of Digital, Content and Event Marketing, the development of online and offline marketing tools, including social media, and presence on relevant online media; and will also contribute in the development of printed materials to support international recruitment activities
● Working with the International Marketing Manager, liaises with the Alumni office to develop a system for best utilizing local alumni networks focusing on recruitment activities.
● Is a team player providing mutual support and encouragement to other team members
● Develops effective internal and external working relationships with a range of campus communities and external partners, representatives, and professional organizations, leveraging these networks to achieve targets set by King’s.
● Plans recruitment travel as part of a team, and independently executes travel and manages travel budget and expenses.
● Perform other such duties as required.
Digital, Communications, Higher Education Marketing, Higher Education Recruitment, International Admissions, Public Speaking, Establishing Strategic Partnerships,
Knowledge of the higher education industry with a focus on UK higher education
● Knowledge of the North American secondary and post-secondary education systems
● Experience in event planning or program administration
● Experience delivering presentations and other public speaking activities
● Willingness and ability to work both independently and part of a team
● Willingness to work off-hours to accommodate the UK time-zone
● Holds a valid US driver’s license and personal car insurance.
● Minimum bachelor’s degree
● Proficiency in the use of all MS office applications
● Prior experience working within a CRM system
● Strong commitment to the student experience
● Desire and ability to travel regularly in North America and abroad.