Regional Recruitment Adviser supporting Anglia Ruskin University
Summary of role for advert
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and highly motivated individual with recent experience of working in student recruitment or a similar environment to represent Anglia Ruskin University, UK. The role’s primary focus will be to contribute to the development and implementation of ARU’s recruitment activities in designated regions in India to achieve student recruitment targets while also supporting with the university’s market, partner and brand strategy. The role will be based in Mumbai and will involve regular domestic and international travel including work outside of normal working hours.
Job Title: Regional Recruitment Adviser
Work Base: Mumbai
Relationships and Contacts: Prospective international fee-paying students
Colleagues across ARU
Recruitment partners in India
British Council and other external agencies
External suppliers of services
Contribute to the development and implementation of agreed recruitment and marketing plans to achieve student recruitment targets from designated regions in India.
5 - 8 years
Any graduation, and Any PG
1. To actively contribute to the development and implementation of a marketing and recruitment plan to successfully recruit students from designated regions of India, to agreed targets, with the support of and in collaboration with the Senior International Manager responsible for South Asia based at ARU.
2. Maintain and develop strong relationships with our commercial recruitment partners in designated markets including a regular visit schedule on a monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly basis to carry out product and compliance training and provide conversion and customer support as required to achieve agreed recruitment and compliance targets.
3. Proactively identify, recommend and participate in a range of promotional events both independently and in association with commercial recruitment and institutional partners, which demonstrate a justifiable return on investment.
4. Work closely with commercial recruitment and institutional partners to ensure they and their students receive the highest standards of customer service throughout the recruitment cycle.
5. Responsible for the day to day management of enquiries from prospective students and applicants from the region, playing an active role in converting students from enquiry to enrolment.
6. Work closely with key operational teams at ARU such as International Admissions, Marketing and Student Advice to ensure that potential and current students have an excellent student experience throughout the recruitment cycle and beyond.
7. Contribute to a range of digital marketing and social media initiatives in developing and updating content and providing insight into positioning and suitability to the local market and target audience.
8. Regularly evaluate the outcomes of recruitment activities and produce timely reports as agreed on performance, competitor activities, market threats and opportunities in relation to product, position, pricing and promotion.
9. Collaborate, organise and manage inward visits to the region for University colleagues and outward visits of commercial and institutional partners to ARU.
10. Develop and maintain links with alumni in India as appropriate as well as organizing and implementing in-country alumni events as and when required.
11. Travel is an essential requirement of the role. Colleagues will normally undertake several trips each year and may be away for around three months in total including work outside of normal working hours.
12. Comply with Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR requirements in all working practices maintaining confidentiality, integrity, availability, accuracy, currency and security of information as appropriate. Take personal responsibility for all personal data within own working environment.
13. Other such duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required.
Stakeholder Engagement, Stakeholder Management, Education Consulting, Student Recruitment, Counselling, Social Media Marketing, Study Abroad Programs, Marketing Event Palnning, Marketing, Marketing Strategy,
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Educated to degree level or equivalent
Relevant postgraduate or professional qualification
Experience and proven track record for student recruitment to overseas Universities from designated markets
Working in accordance with a strategic/business plan in a relevant results-driven position
Familiarity with traditional, digital and social media marketing and sales process and implementation.
Study experience in the UK
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Awareness of current issues affecting students in India, looking to study overseas
Awareness of the British Education system and qualifications and their Indian equivalents
Awareness and understanding of United Kingdom Visa & Immigration policy affecting international students
Ability to identify and build new business opportunities.
Excellent customer service and presentation skills
Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to liaise and establish rapport and build relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and students
IT literacy and understanding and knowledge of working with databases, Microsoft Office and CRM software
Knowledge of contracts and legal agreements, budgeting and finance procedures
Awareness of Education UK Partnership/British Council initiatives
Fluency in more than one Indian language
Copywriting and editing skills
GENERAL ATTRIBUTES & PERSONAL QUALITIES
Good organisational and project management skills
Ability to work flexibly and independently, including working weekends and outside of normal office hours when required
Able to manage a demanding workload, prioritize competing demands and work to deadlines
OTHER / SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability and willingness to travel alone and for extended periods of time
Legal right to work in India on full-time basis
Ability and willingness to travel to UK up to twice a year for training purposes