Assistant Manager- Labour Law Compliance's
About the role:
The person will be responsible for looking after all labor law compliances of clients primarily in South and Western India. The role would entail ensuring that the company and its clients are 100% compliant under various labor laws including Employees’ Provident Fund & Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952, Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948, Shops & Establishments Act as applicable in various states in India, Profession Tax Act, Payment of Bonus Act, 1965, Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972, Minimum Wages Act, 1948 and other relevant Acts.
Apart from undertaking compliances such as obtaining registrations, filing returns, and maintaining registers, the person will also be responsible for advising clients on various aspects of labor laws, handling notices received by various departments, drafting submissions, liaisoning with regulatory authorities, and doing all such activities as may be required in relation to labor laws in India.
It is imperative that the person has prior experience of handling labor compliance and advisory work and should have expert knowledge of labor statutes applicable in various States in India. The person should be resourceful and have a solution-oriented approach to work.
6 - 9 years
LLB, or LLM
• Responsible for all labor law compliances applicable on the company and its clients including apply for registrations, prepare and file periodic returns, compute and deposit payments/ contributions, prepare and maintain various registers.
• Analyze applicability of various provisions of labor law statutes and advise clients on matters relating to labor laws in India. Provide properly research and well though-through solutions/ advise on labor law matters.
• Keep track of amendments in labor laws across India and analyze applicability/ impact on the company and clients.
• Responsible for updating changes in Acts, rules, procedures under compliances.
• Efficiently manage and execute assignments across India.
• Liaison with third party consultants, wherever required, to undertake compliances applicable in various States in India.
labor law, Compliance Advisory, Regulatory Affairs, Government Liasioning, State Laws, Gratuity, Wage & Hour Laws,
Below are the desired and preferred skills and competencies for this position:
• Knowledge of PAN India labour compliances
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written communications).
• Solution-oriented approach to tasks
• Should be able to work independently
• Time management, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in target-oriented environment and under pressure
• Flexible, committed and driven.
• Good level of self-efficacy as relates to problem-solving and client service delivery.