National Lead Consultant/ Senior Consultant/ Consultant - IEC/BCC
To support Dte. NVBDCP for effective implementation of GFATM supported Intensified Malaria Elimination Project (IMEP-2) in various States at different levels (National/State/District/Sub-district). The position, based at Dte. NVBDCP, would play a critical role in evidence-based decision making at various levels to bring efficiency and effectiveness in the Programme and in bridging the gaps between planning and implementation of effective and efficient IEC / BCC strategies in all States/UTs to facilitate and sustain malaria elimination in the country.
Nature of appointment: The appointment will be on contract basis initially for a period of one year and thereafter extendable annually (or specified period) on the basis of performance appraisal (to be assessed for work output, personal attributes, functional competency etc.)
Qualification & Experience
Ph D/ Post Graduate degree in Mass communication/ Journalism/ Social sciences/ Development studies or relevant field from a recognized university with demonstrated understanding of Social & Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) and research with at least 5 years’ relevant work experience, of which 3 years should be in networking and liaison-building activities with district and state organizations/ NGOs in Public Health at State or National Level.
• Experience of working in large scale development programmes/ National Health Programmes/ international bodies, private organizations or corporate sector.
• Knowledge and skills in managing government health projects.
Reporting: Reporting will be to Nodal Officer, GFATM under the overall supervision of Director, NVBDCP.
Age: Upper age limit is 55 years and ready to travel extensively.
Annual Increment: Annual increment would be based on performance appraisal.
Rescission: Either party can terminate the contract by giving one month’s notice in writing.
Deliverables: The consultant will be required to submit a Monthly Activity Report and Annual Report to Reporting Officer with a copy to Dte. NVBDCP. Performance appraisal would include review of monthly activity reports, field visits, timely completion of activities and innovations done and annual assessment.
Selection: Selection and appointment shall be carried out through advertisement followed by walk-in- written test/interview, if short listed.
Note: The designation would be based on Qualification, Experience and Performance during written test/interview. Remuneration is indicative and would depend on Qualification, Experience & Performance during written test/interview
5 - 15 years
Any graduation, and MSW MSW, M.A Journalism, M.A Anthropology, and Ph.D/Doctorate
• To supervise, monitor and support State/District Consultants in carrying out IEC/BCC activities as per strategic plan to understand the knowledge, awareness, beliefs and practices related to malaria prevention and control; barriers; and adoption of appropriate practices at individual/family/community level for community mobilization, involvement, and partnership.
• To supervise and monitor HR at various levels, analyze their monthly activity reports including LQAS reports on the behavioral aspects which affect the health seeking attitudes of the communities and provide feedbacks.
• To coordinate, supervise and facilitate the State/District teams, NGO SRs engaged in devising/implementing IEC/BCC plan and communication strategies for the country in the context of Malaria and other VBDs including problem-solving, course correction, as required, to ensure effective implementation of the project/ programme.
• To develop and facilitate implementation of strategies to involve the panchayats, local NGOs, Mahila Mandals, SHGs and other community groups including indigenous people’s awareness/ development plan in tribal areas to ensure community participation.
• To strengthen the social research aspect of the project/programme, and suggest modalities of incorporating the social research findings into the programme; and to assess effectiveness of different media.
• To coordinate, support and develop creative graphics and contents suitable for social media platforms such as Facebook, You Tube, Twitter, etc., at National/State/District level, and the programme website including writing, editing and preparing stories & social media messages.
• To support, supervise, monitor and facilitate State/District VBDCPs in designing BCC/social mobilization strategies as well as activities/campaigns that will have reach and impact on the behavior change. Develop content for IPC (Flip Chart, Flash Cards, etc.), Group Counselling (Charts and Pictorials), Social Mobilization (Haat, Mela, Folk Media, Festivals, important days), Programme Communication (audio/ video scripts and lyrics etc.), Advocacy (Media, PRI etc.)
• To coordinate and support other teams at Dte. NVBDCP, other Regional & State partners, media agencies, partner organizations, and field staff for harmonized planning, implementation and monitoring of different BCC activities/campaigns so as todevelop quality outputs, provide thrust and desired results in behavior change.
• To undertake training/capacity building of NVBDCP & other healthcare staff at National, State, District and Sub-district levels, online as well as in-person; and to develop, test and finalize training material and modules, as required.
• To compile the Annual report of IEC/BCC/ social mobilization related activities undertaken in the States/ districts.
• To undertake field visits in States/UTs/Districts (at least 10 days a month) to analyze the situation, monitoring the implementation of IEC/BCC activities, finding gaps and take corrective actions accordingly, in a manner that maximizes coverage of health facilities/ villages and effective utilization of resources.
• To document and disseminate best practices, strategies, achievements, learnings etc. of the Malaria Elimination Programme through publication and organizing dissemination workshops, meetings, special events, etc.
• To undertake any other task assigned by the Reporting authority.
computer profiency, Knowledge Management, Presentation Skills,
INR 7,20,000 - 18,00,000
• Computer proficiency with commonly used softwares/ packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing.
• Knowledge of IT-based knowledge sharing platforms.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.