National Lead Consultant/ Senior Consultant/ Consultant - Entomology
To support Dte. NVBDCP for effective implementation of GFATM supported Intensified Malaria Elimination Project (IMEP-2) in various States at different levels (National/ State/ District/ Sub-district). The position, based at Dte. NVBDCP, would play a critical role in evidence-based decision making at various levels to bring efficiency and effectiveness in the Programme and in bridging the gaps between planning and implementation.
Qualification & Experience
Ph. D/ M.Sc. in Medical/ Public health Entomology/ Zoology (with entomology as one of the subjects) with minimum 5 years’ experience of implementing vector borne disease control strategies at National or State level.
• Experience in VBD, health programme implementation, monitoring and training.
• Field experience on malaria vector surveillance and monitoring & evaluation.
Nature of appointment: The appointment will be on contract basis initially for a period of one year and thereafter extendable annually (or specified period) on the basis of performance appraisal (to be assessed for work output, personal attributes, functional competency etc.)
Reporting: Reporting will be to Nodal Officer, GFATM under the overall supervision of Director, NVBDCP.
Age: Upper age limit is 55 years and ready to travel extensively.
Annual Increment: Annual increment would be based on performance appraisal.
Rescission: Either party can terminate the contract by giving one month’s notice in writing.
Deliverables: The consultant will be required to submit a Monthly Activity Report and Annual Report to Reporting Officer with a copy to Dte. NVBDCP. Performance appraisal would include review of monthly activity reports, field visits, timely completion of activities and innovations done and annual assessment.
Selection: Selection and appointment shall be carried out through advertisement followed by walk-in- written test/interview, if short listed.
Note: The designation would be based on Qualification, Experience and Performance during written test/interview. Remuneration is indicative and would depend on Qualification, Experience & Performance during written test/ interview.
0 - 5 years
Any graduation, and MSC Zoology, MSC Other, and Ph.D/Doctorate
• To monitor the epidemiological and entomological situation in the States/ UTs/ Districts and support/ supervise various components of programme planning and implementation w.r.t malaria, vector control interventions including entomological surveillance.
• To monitor, supervise and facilitate the State/ District VBDCPs for selection and establishment of representative sentinel sites for entomological surveillance and creation/ strengthening capacity for regular entomological surveillance and response.
• To develop/ customize training guidelines/ modules for entomological surveillance& response and vector control/ management, and to undertake/ support trainings for Entomologists, Medical Officers and other healthcare staff on various aspects of vector control such as entomological surveillance; field entomology work; maintenance of field insectaries; conducting bioassays; vector susceptibility and insecticide resistance monitoring; vector control monitoring & evaluation.
• To work in close collaboration with NVBDCP Officers/ other Consultants at various levels for carrying out entomological surveillance in the States/districts to ensure quality implementation of the project/programme.
• To supervise, facilitate and support the State Consultants-Entomology and other officials in consolidating monthly/quarterly/annual reports/ data on regular basis, and ensure corrective actions based on analysis of reports.
• To establish and supervise a functional multi-disciplinary coordination mechanism for Integrated Vector Management (IVM) and advocate for vector control interventions among key stakeholders.
• To supervise and monitor HR at various levels, analyse their monthly activity reports and provide feedbacks to them.
• T o ensure consolidation and dissemination of approved annual work plans to State/ District VBDCPs and prepare timely progress reports based on results framework.
• To keep liaison with the National Informatics Centre (NIC), Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP) and other National health programmes on implementation of strategies on surveillance, monitoring & evaluation etc.
• To undertake field visits in States/ UTs/ Districts (atleast 10 days a month) for entomological surveillance, mapping and monitoring vector density, bionomics and sensitivity of insecticides; and to monitor/ evaluate the timeliness and quality of vector control measures.
• To participate in planning and organization of review meetings at National and Sub-national levels.
• To undertake any other task assigned by the Reporting authority.
Vector borne disease, health programme, monitoring and training, surveillance, monitoring & evaluation,
INR 7,20,000 - 18,00,000
• Knowledge and understanding of disease surveillance system, epidemiology and Public health practice with regard to VBDs; skills in data analysis in field epidemiology/ Public health setting.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities.
• Computer proficiency with commonly used softwares/ packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.