National Lead Consultant/Senior Consultant/Consultant - Procurement & Supply Chain Management
To support Dte. NVBDCP for effective implementation of GFATM supported Intensified Malaria Elimination Project (IMEP-2) in various States at different levels (National/ State/ District/ Sub-district). The position, based at Dte. NVBDCP, would play a critical role in evidence- based decision making at various levels to bring efficiency and effectiveness in the Programme and in bridging the gaps between planning and implementation.
Nature of appointment: The appointment will be on contract basis initially for one year and thereafter extendable annually (or specified period) on the basis of performance appraisal (to be assessed for work output, personal attributes, functional competency etc.)
Qualification & Experience
PhD/ Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Management/ Economics/Supply Chain Management/ Materials Management/Logistics/ Procurement/Accounting/ Finance/ Public Health/ Pharmacy with atleast 3 years’ experience in any health programme at National or State level.
Graduate in Pharmacy with Post-Graduate Diploma in Procurement & Supply Chain Management with at least 5 years’ experience in managing supply chain of drugs/ other commodities at National/ State level.
• Specialization in procurement of goods, services or consultancy for Global Fund and/or other international donor agencies like World Bank funded projects will be a distinct advantage.
• Familiarity with the GFATM project operations and ability to effectively coordinate with the MoHFW, GoI, GFATM and their Local Fund Agent and partner organizations.
• Experience in capacity building on PSCM
Reporting: Reporting will be to Nodal Officer, GFATM under the overall supervision of Director, NVBDCP.
Age: Upper age limit is 55 years and ready to travel extensively.
Annual Increment: Annual increment would be based on performance appraisal.
Rescission: Either party can terminate the contract by giving one month’s notice in writing.
Deliverables: The consultant will be required to submit a Monthly Activity Report and Annual Report to Reporting Officer with a copy to Dte. NVBDCP. Performance appraisal would include review of monthly activity reports, field visits, timely completion of activities and innovations done and annual assessment.
Selection: Selection and appointment shall be carried out through advertisement followed by walk-in- written test/interview, if short listed.
NOTE: The designation would be based on Qualification, Experience and Performance during written test/interview. Remuneration is indicative and would depend on Qualification, Experience & Performance during written test/ interview.
0 - 5 years
-B.Pharma in Pharmacy, and PG Diploma Other, MBA/PGDM Finance, MBA/PGDM Other, and Ph.D/Doctorate Other,
• To monitor, supervise and support States/ UTs/ Districts in developing action plans for procurement and supply chain management and in carrying out the distribution of drugs/ other commodities as per plan, in accordance with NVBDCP and GFATM guidelines.
• To ensure consolidation and dissemination of approved annual procurement plans to State/ district VBDCPs and prepare timely progress reports based on results framework.
• To coordinate with NVBDCP staff at all levels (National/ State/ District/ Sub-district) to get updated information regarding drugs/ commodities supplied, and to ensure regularity, completeness and uniformity of Monthly Stock Reports (MSR); develop SOPs and strengthen VBDCP supply chain management through supervision.
• To ensure implementation of Logistics Management Information System (LMIS), review its status from time to time and contribute in preparation and submission of guidelines and information products.
• To calculate monthly consumption rate of drugs and diagnostics for replenishment/ relocation, so as to minimize expiry and wastage and to ensure no stock-outs at all times at all levels, including NGO SRs.
• To review the monthly/ quarterly/ annual reports received from States/ Districts, based on agreed targets and progress made along with dashboard related programme indicators.
• To work in close collaboration with NVBDCP Officers/ Consultants at National level, NGO SRs and other public & private stakeholders at various levels to ensure quality implementation of the Project/ Programme.
• To undertake procurement of goods/ services/ other items for GFATM/ NVBDCP on regular and emergency basis, as per need.
• To keep updated the procurement related documents as per Controller & Auditor General (C&AG) audit/ General Financial Rules (GFR) & Global Fund procedures.
• To provide timely updates to Dte. NVBDCP in terms of problems faced/ issues identified at State/ District level and actions needed/ taken.
• To undertake field visits in States/UTs/ Districts (atleast10 days a month) to analyze the situation, assess implementation, finding gaps and take corrective actions accordingly, in a manner that maximizes coverage of health facilities/villages and effective utilization of resources.
• To undertake training/capacity building of NVBDCP & other healthcare staff at National, State, District and Sub-district levels, online as well as in-person.
• To participate in planning and organization of review meetings at National and Sub-national levels.
• To undertake any other task assigned by the Reporting authority.
Proactive Monitoring, Computer proficiency, Procurement, procurement softwares, communication,
INR 7,20,000 - 18,00,000
• Highly organized, proactive and pragmatic with good process management skills and ability to work under tight timelines.
• Computer proficiency with commonly used softwares/ packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing.
• Knowledge and proficiency in using procurement/ finance related softwares such as GeM portal, e-Aushadhi, PFMS etc.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.