National Lead Consultant/ Senior Consultant/ Consultant - Finance
To support Dte. NVBDCP for effective implementation of GFATM supported Intensified Malaria Elimination Project (IMEP-2) in various States at different levels (National/ State/ District/ Sub-district). The position, based at Dte. NVBDCP, would play a critical role in evidence- based decision making at various levels to bring efficiency and effectiveness in the Programme and in bridging the gaps between planning and implementation.
Nature of appointment: The appointment will be on contract basis initially for one year and thereafter extendable annually (or specified period) on the basis of performance appraisal (to be assessed for work output, personal attributes, functional competency etc.)
Qualification & Experience
CA/ MBA (Finance)/ ICWA/ M. Com/ PGDBM/ PGDBA (Finance) with at least 3 years’ progressive experience in accounting, including analysis, financial reporting, budgeting and planning
• Experience of working with Global Fund and/or other international donor agencies like World Bank funded projects will be a distinct advantage.
• Familiarity with the GFATM project operations and ability to effectively coordinate with the MoHFW, GoI; State Governments; NGO SRs; GFATM and their Local Fund Agent and partner organizations is preferable.
• Knowledge of GFR 2017 rules for preparation and documentation of financial matters will be a distinct advantage.
Reporting: Reporting will be to Nodal Officer, GFATM under the overall supervision of Director, NVBDCP.
Age: Upper age limit is 55 years and ready to travel extensively.
Annual Increment: Annual increment would be based on performance appraisal.
Rescission: Either party can terminate the contract by giving one month’s notice in writing.
Deliverables: The consultant will be required to submit a Monthly Activity Report and Annual Report to Reporting Officer with a copy to Dte. NVBDCP. Performance appraisal would include review of monthly activity reports, field visits, timely completion of activities and innovations done and annual assessment.
Selection: Selection and appointment shall be carried out through advertisement followed by walk-in- written test/interview, if short listed.
The designation would be based on Qualification, Experience and Performance during written test/interview. Remuneration is indicative and would depend on Qualification, Experience & Performance during written test/interview.
3 - 10 years
Any graduation, and CA CA, ICWA(CMA) ICWA (CMA), M.Com Commerce, MBA/PGDM Finance,
• To undertake Grant and Finance management, including but not limited to, maintaining proper accounting, financial analysis, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, auditing with the help of financial softwares and reporting system as per the Project/Programme requirements.
• To review and strengthen the financial management within NVBDCP; and instates & Districts; NGO SRs to ensure adherence to the financing norms including implementation of PFMS/ Tally at all levels of financial transactions.
• To supervise and monitor HR at various levels, analyze their monthly activity reports w.r.t finance and provide feedbacks to them.
• To review the monthly/quarterly/annual reports received from States/ Districts/ NGO SRs, based on agreed targets and progress made along with dashboard related programme indicators.
• To prepare Progress Update and Disbursement Request (PUDR) to be sent to GFATM on a quarterly/ yearly basis and other documents, information products, as per requirements of the GFATM.
• To ensure timely fund release (GIA- Grant-In-Aid) to the states, NGO SRs and timely collection of Statement of Expenditures (SOEs), Utilization Certificates (UCs) and Audit Reports.
• To compile/update and monitor monthly account on the basis of monthly receipts and expenditure accounts (SOEs)received from State VBDCPs, NGO SRs and the Headquarter; and to provide timely updates to Dte. NVBDCP in terms of problems faced/issues identified at various levels and actions needed/ taken.
• To ensure timely initiation and completion of annual CAG Audit of the project and to provide necessary information/data, as required.
• To liaison and coordinate with MoHFW, Ministry of Finance, GoI; States/ Districts; NGO SRs; GFATM & LFA on financial matters, as and when required.
• To prepare and implement financial guidelines on the line of FMG (NHM) guidelines, and a Fiduciary Management Plan for the project/programme.
• To undertake field visits in States/ UTs/ Districts (atleast10 days a month) to analyze the situation, assess implementation, finding gaps and take corrective actions accordingly, in a manner that maximizes coverage of health facilities/ villages and effective utilization of resources.
• To undertake training/ capacity building of NVBDCP & other healthcare staff at National, State, District and Sub-district levels, online as well as in-person.
• To participate in planning and organization of review meetings at National and Sub-national levels.
• To undertake any other task assigned by the Reporting authority.
analysis, Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Account Planning, Financial Advisory, Tally ERP, PFMS, Accounting Software, Business Communications, analytical and interpersonal abilities,
INR 7,20,000 - 18,00,000
• Computer proficiency with commonly used softwares/ packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing.
• Knowledge and proficiency in finance related softwares and packages such as Tally, PFMS, GeM, and integrated accounting softwares.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.