National Lead Consultant/ Senior Consultant/ Consultant (Training & Human Resource)
To support Dte. NVBDCP for effective implementation of GFATM supported Intensified Malaria Elimination Project (IMEP-2) in various States at different levels (National/ State/ District/ Sub-district). The position, based at Dte. NVBDCP, would play a critical role in evidence-based decision making at various levels to bring efficiency and effectiveness in the Programme and in bridging the gaps between planning and implementation.
Qualification & Experience
MBBS with Post-Graduate qualification (Degree/Diploma) in PSM/ Community Medicine/ Public Health.
MBBS with MPH with 5 years’ experience in Public Health at National or State level.
BDS/BAMS/BHMS/B. Pharmacy/ with MBA (Health Management)/ MPH with 5 years’ experience in Public Health at National or State Level.
Prior experience of imparting training in the health sector (at national/state level) would be an added advantage.
Nature of appointment:
The appointment will be on contract basis initially for one year and thereafter extendable annually (or specified period) on the basis of performance appraisal (to be assessed for work output, personal attributes, functional competency etc.)
Reporting will be to Nodal Officer, GFATM under the overall supervision of Director, NVBDCP.
Upper age limit is 55 years and ready to travel extensively.
Annual increment would be based on performance appraisal.
Either party can terminate the contract by giving one month’s notice in writing.
The consultant will be required to submit a Monthly Activity Report and Annual Report to Reporting Officer with a copy to Dte. NVBDCP. Performance appraisal would include review of monthly activity reports, field visits, timely completion of activities and innovations done and annual assessment.
Selection and appointment shall be carried out through advertisement followed by walk-in- written test/interview, if short listed.
Note: The designation would be based on Qualification, Experience and Performance during written test/interview. Remuneration is indicative and would depend on Qualification, Experience & Performance during written test/ interview.
5 - 10 years
-MBBS in Medicine, -BDS in Dentistry, -B.Pharma in Pharmacy, and MPH MPH, MBA/PGDM Health & Hospital Management, M.Pharma Pharmacy,
• To assess the training load at different levels (National/ State/ District/ Sub-district) and develop training plan for the country’s Malaria Elimination Programme including review the status of online and field training facilities, resources and capacity building needs for implementation of the training plan.
• To review and develop the training modules (including e-training modules) for various cadres of healthcare workforce; and to support, facilitate& guide Principal Recipient-2 (PR-2), States, Districts and NGO SRs in developing training modules.
• To analyze the job responsibilities of various cadres of healthcare workforce to be trained and suggest & upgrade the knowledge base and necessary skills to improve competency of the trainees (Competency based approach).
• To collaborate with and support PR-2 in devising strategy for training needs assessment of the healthcare workforce at all levels (National/ State/ District/ Sub-district) and to supervise and facilitate the Regional Coordinators in planning and carrying out the trainings in collaboration with other NVBDCP staff at various levels in the States/UTs.
• To keep liaison and coordinate with other training/ management institutions/ VBDCP Units (State/ District/ Sub-district levels) for specialized trainings on malaria elimination programme.
• To review the monthly/quarterly/annual reports received from States/ Districts, based on agreed targets and progress made along with dashboard related programme indicators.
• To provide support/ inputs to ensure quality and timely implementation of training plan; and to undertake training/capacity building of NVBDCP & other healthcare staff at National, State, District and Sub-district levels, online as well as in-person.
• To supervise and monitor HR at various levels, analyze their monthly activity reports and provide feedbacks to them.
• To undertake supervisory field visits in States/ UTs/ Districts (atleast 10 days a month) to analyze the situation, assess implementation, finding gaps and take corrective actions accordingly, in a manner that maximizes coverage of health facilities/ villages and effective utilization of resources.
• To participate in planning and organization of review meetings at National and Sub-national levels.
• To undertake any other task assigned by the Reporting authority.
Public Health, Community Medicine, Health Management, Accredited Training,
INR 7,20,000 - 18,00,000
• Strong expertise in the domain of surveillance, field epidemiology, outbreak response, VBD control.
• Computer proficiency with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing.
• Knowledge and proficiency in statistical software packages such as SPSS, Epi Info etc.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.