National Lead Consultant/ Senior Consultant/ Consultant (Monitoring & Evaluation)
To support Dte. NVBDCP for effective implementation of GFATM supported Intensified Malaria Elimination Project (IMEP-2) in various States at different levels (National/ State/ District/ Sub-district). The position, based at Dte. NVBDCP, would play a critical role in evidence-based decision making at various levels to bring efficiency and effectiveness in the Programme and in bridging the gaps between planning and implementation.
Nature of appointment:
The appointment will be on contract basis initially for one year and thereafter extendable annually (or specified period) on the basis of performance appraisal (to be assessed for work output, personal attributes, functional competency etc.)
Qualification & Experience
MBBS with post-graduate qualification (Degree/Diploma) in PSM/ Community Medicine/ Public Health.
MBBS with MPH with 5 years’ experience in Public Health at National or State level.
BDS/BAMS/BHMS/B.Pharma/ with MBA (Health Management)/MPH with 5 years’ experience in Public Health at National or State Level.
Masters in Demography and Population Studies/ Biostatistics with 5 years’ experience in Public Health Program at National & State Level.
Reporting will be to Nodal Officer, GFATM under the overall supervision of Director, NVBDCP.
Upper age limit is 55 years and ready to travel extensively.
Annual increment would be based on performance appraisal.
Either party can terminate the contract by giving one month’s notice in writing.
The consultant will be required to submit a Monthly Activity Report and Annual Report to Reporting Officer with a copy to Dte. NVBDCP. Performance appraisal would include review of monthly activity reports, field visits, timely completion of activities and innovations done and annual assessment.
Selection and appointment shall be carried out through advertisement followed by walk-in- written test/interview, if short listed.
Note: The designation would be based on Qualification, Experience and Performance during written test/interview. Remuneration is indicative and would depend on Qualification, Experience & Performance during written test/ interview.
5 - 10 years
-MBBS in Medicine, -B.Pharma in Pharmacy, -BDS in Dentistry, and M.Pharma Pharmacy, MBA/PGDM Health & Hospital Management,
• To monitor the malaria epidemiological situation in the States/ UTs/ Districts and support/ supervise various components of programme planning and implementation (including programme implementation plans of States and Districts).
• To develop comprehensive monitoring & evaluation plan (including data collection tools, reporting formats, log frame, matrix for monitoring and evaluations etc.) and to ensure its implementation in an effective and participatory manner in the States/ UTs.
• To supervise and monitor HR at various levels, analyze their monthly activity reports and provide feedbacks to them.
• To plan, develop and implement methodology for mid-term/ end-term evaluation of the Project at various levels, and the Programme as a whole, including tools, test instruments, explicit indicators for supportive supervision & monitoring of the Project/ Programme.
• To work in close collaboration with NVBDCP Officers/ other Consultants at National level and other public & private stakeholders at various levels to ensure quality implementation of the Project/ Programme.
• To assist in the implementation of HMIS, to review its status from time to time and to contribute in preparation and submission of guidelines and information products in relation to overall M&E/MIS.
• To review the monthly/ quarterly/ annual reports received from States/ Districts, based on agreed targets and progress made along with dashboard related programme indicators.
• To ensure consolidation and dissemination of approved annual work plans to State/district VBDCPs and prepare timely progress reports based on results framework.
• To provide timely updates to Dte. NVBDCP in terms of problems faced/issues identified at State/ District level and actions needed/ taken.
• To develop operational plan for carrying out IEC/BCC activities in collaboration with National/ State Consultants-IEC/BCC.
• To develop operational plan for strengthening entomological surveillance and response in collaboration with National/ State Consultants-Entomology.
• To keep liaison with the National Informatics Centre (NIC), Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP) and other National health programmes on implementation of strategies on surveillance, monitoring & evaluation etc.
• To facilitate epidemic preparedness in the States/ UTs/ Districts for tackling malaria and other VBD outbreaks and ensure rapid response thereto.
• To support Dte. NVBDCP and States/ Districts in execution & documentation of strategies for addressing important issues such as cross border malaria, drug & insecticide resistance, asymptomatic malaria, standard treatment guidelines, malaria elimination certification process etc.
• To undertake field visits in States/ UTs/ Districts (atleast10 days a month) to analyze the situation, assess implementation, finding gaps and take corrective actions accordingly, in a manner that maximizes coverage of health facilities/ villages and effective utilization of resources.
• To undertake training/ capacity building of NVBDCP & other healthcare staff at National, State, District and Sub-district levels, online as well as in-person.
• To participate in planning and organization of review meetings at National and Sub-national levels.
• To undertake any other task assigned by the Reporting authority.
Demography, population study, biostatics, Public Health, Health Management,
INR 7,20,000 - 18,00,000
• Strong expertise in the domain of surveillance, field epidemiology, outbreak response, VBD control.
• Computer proficiency with commonly used softwares/ packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing.
• Knowledge and proficiency in statistical software packages such as SPSS, Epi Info etc.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.